Monday, July 21, 2008

Turbulent Markets

Anyone with even the slightest interest in the markets is now fully aware of the recent turbulence in the both the Canadian and American markets. Both the housing and financial markets have been in a virtual free fall for most of 2008. The analysts and newscasts have also switched from optimistic to doom and gloom. Consumer confidence is falling and the general feeling about the markets and housing is now very negative. On top of all that it looks like inflation along with interest rates may start to rise. All in all it’s not really a pretty picture. Given the dismal outlook on the economy what’s an investor to do? That's a great question that I certainly don’t have the answer to so...I’ll defer to my response to an investor who’s been here before.

WARREN BUFFET

“We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.”

“Our favourite holding period is forever.”

“Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years”

“Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it.”

“Unless you can watch your stock holding decline by 50% without becoming panic-stricken, you should not be in the stock market”

“A public-opinion poll is no substitute for thought.”

“Lethargy, bordering on sloth should remain the cornerstone of an investment style.”


Keeping those quotes in mind tomorrow I'll be posting about a name that I'm planning to add to my portfolio.

6 comments:

AMIT said...

Good info about market.

Finance Bookmark

Anonymous said...

maternityacupressure -
maternity acupressure -
maximum paid surveys -
meet your sweet -
mobile tv pro -
musclegainingsecrets -
muscle gaining secrets -
my dish biz -
one minute cure -
paid surveys online -
panic away -
pc tv 4 me -
pdf creator -
perfect optimizer -
pick the gender of your baby -
plr wholesaler -
private niche empire -
project quick cash -
public records pro -
pull your ex back -
quick article pro -
quit smoking today -
reality creation secrets -
reg clean -
regi cleanse -
registry easy -
registry fix -
registry winner -
reg sweep -
reg tool -
reverse mobile -
reverse phone detective -
richard mackenzie direct -
rich garbage man -

QUALITY STOCKS UNDER 5 DOLLARS said...

Markets always have a surprise or two.

Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't have a donate button!
I'd without a doubt donate to this superb blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your
RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will share this website with my
Facebook group. Chat soon!

my weblog - cash advance montel williams

James said...

The information that you provided was thorough and helpful. I will have to share your article with others.
agf management

Anonymous said...

The Loan Fund worked extensively with me to help me anticipate some of the issues that my business may face. Not many lenders would go to that length. They’ve been extremely supportive and a great resource.
Working with Mr Pedro helped me develop my business plan, ideas and brand before getting started, so I was prepared to open a successful business when I received my loan from Mr Pedro, a loan officer with a huge heart of honesty.
Contact Mr Pedro on pedroloanss@gmail.com / WhatsApp+1 863 231 0632 .