Thursday, June 12, 2008

How I Added $20,000 to My Home in 3 Days - Part 1

As many of you know I have recently relocated to my country property and switched to a slower paced lifestyle. As a result there was no need to keep our house in the city so about a month ago we listed the house and I'm happy to say that this week it sold for 98% of the asking price.

In order to make the house more appealing we decided that if we wanted to get top dollar for our home some improvements were needed. Being a frugal kind of guy we of course did all the improvements ourselves and on the cheap. I wanted at least a rough idea of how much value we'd be adding to the house so prior to beginning the work I had 2 real estate agents in to view the property and provide me with a suggested listing price. After the renovations were complete I had them in again to re-evaluate the listing price and both were about $20,000 higher. In my next post I'll explain exactly what improvements were made and the approximate time and cost involved.

4 comments:

OChousing said...

where did you buy your house? in a lot of places houses are dropping prices such as cali and florida

JBerg said...

I hope you sell your house soon and at a good profit! (;

JBERG said...

To ochousing: A lot of realtors are getting into what I am and finding more success in these tough times!

penisenlargement4male said...

It is best to participate in a contest for among the best blogs on the web. I'll recommend this website!
Vigrx, Vimax Pills Enhance VigRX Plus metropathies Male Extra Amp Do Vimax pills really work mastoidal
More Info:
Penis Enlargement|Penis Enlargement Pills|Vimax Pills|Male Extra Pills |VigRX Plus