I don’t think there is anyone out there who doesn’t know who Warren Buffet is however, just in case I’m wrong I’ll give you a quick bio with a few of the lesser known facts.
- Born in 1930, Nebraska, Omaha
- Arguably the world’s most successful investor.
- 2nd richest man on the planet with an estimated net worth of over $52 billion.
- At 11 he bought his first stock. He purchases 6 shares of Cities Service preferred stock [3 shares for himself, 3 for his sister, Doris]
- At 13 he filed his first income tax return, deducting his bicycle as a work expense for $35.
- Received a Bachelor of Arts/Science from the University of Nebraska Lincoln, Science
- Was rejected from Harvard grad school for “being too young”
- Received a Masters of Science from Columbia where he studied under his mentor and investing legend Benjamin Graham.
- Bought control of textile firm Berkshire Hathaway 1965. Today Berkshire Hathaway is a huge holding company that owns controlling interests in a multitude of stocks.
- If you had invested $10,000 (U.S.) in Berkshire Hathaway when Warren Buffet took control in 1965 you would have more than $50-million today. Had you invested the same amount in the S&P 500 index during the same period you would have just under $500,000.
Click here if you would like more complete bio.