Thinking of buying a luxury car? Maybe you like to ride around in style or perhaps you’re hoping a brand new luxury car will guide you through a mid-life crisis. Either way here’s something to consider when buying a new luxury car.
“Every 25.5 seconds, a vehicle is stolen in the U.S., according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau. Vehicle theft is the costliest property crime in America, costing consumers more than US$8.6 billion annually.”
Here is a list of the 7 luxury cars with the highest probability of being stolen. (all prices in US Dollars)
1. Cadillac - Escalade SUV - Base price: $55,045
2. BMW - 7 Series Sedan - Base price: $78,900
3. Land Rover – Range Rover SUV - Base price: $77,250 (tie)
3. Lincoln Navigator 4-wheel-drive SUV - Base price: $46,575 (tie)
4. Lexus – GS Sedan - Base price: $44,150
5. Mercedes Benz S-Class long-wheelbase sedan - Base price: $86,525
6. Mercedes Benz SL-Class convertible - Base price: $95,575
So basically if your going to drop a lot of cash on a luxury car it might be worth spending a few extra bucks and getting a decent security system put in.